Arbitary UI changes

Arbitary UI changes

Hi,

Anybody noticed the arbitary changes to the UI? Change of colors in areas, smart-fill broken, areas of pointless shading that takes focus away form the job the I/F is meant to do.

Right click on a folder, add a local asset and the UI still asks what folder you want to put it in. 99% of the time I want it in the folder I clicked on.

Opened ticket, of course no immediate changes to the UI, but really looking to know if the community accepts random un-connected changes to the UI, when more shold be expected from their PM group.
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, not a fan of the changes. I would create an idea for this, though, so that folks can like it. I certainly will!
Posted By Jeff S on 6/27/2013 1:09 PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 months of pain...is not "worth it". The approach needs to be managed much better, and arbitary chages that make no sense to the customer and degrade the UI/UX is not acceptable.

Your customers do not pay for "pain", they pay for a service, and just now the UI/UX continues to be significantly subpar in comparison to other SaaS solutions, with the Product Management process severely flawed.
Posted By Andy J on 6/28/2013 6:01 AM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andy, I completely understand your point of view.  Unfortunately, due to technical complexities there is no other way.  As a company, we need to always move forward to deliver value to you.  However, sometimes one has to take a step backwards to take two or three steps forwards.  If there was a reasonable way to do what you are saying, we absolutely would take that route.

The primary issues should be solely visual during this process.  Any functional regressions are not planned and are fixed immediately.  In other words, the UI should remain the same even if the colors change as we upgrade.

We strive to find these before releases, but occasionally we miss things.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something went wrong on my original post and it looks like it was posted by Andy.  I am not sure what happened.  Trying to fix now.  Sorry for the flood of post traffic.  I think we are fixed.

We are doing a whole client-side technology upgrade over the next 6 months.  Rather than a "big-bang" approach, we are upgrading components bit-by-bit.  It will create alot of strangeness in the short run.  When it's finished though, it will all look great together, plus be much faster.

A sample of what it will look like:

0EM50000000QbeR.jpg

I know it's a pain, but it will be worth it.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under review