Adding Non-Marketo Events to Calendar

Adding Non-Marketo Events to Calendar

I would love to be able to use the new calendar as our calendar for the whole marketing department, not just for Marketo! - I would also like to do this without having to create programs - I want to be able to say "add event" or "add task" directly to the calendar. 
23 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told yesterday by Marketo that you have to create a program in Marketo to add it to the calendar.
Amy_Lepre
Level 7
It would be great if we could do this: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LNAXCA4 directly in the main calendar instead of only inside a program. Also, the schedule view is not available in Email or Engagement program types - only Default & Event program types.
Anonymous
Not applicable
100% agree Amy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree also!! I just dont understand why it was marked that they already have this !?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's because you can indeed accomplish what you're looking to do Kristen. This is all done through a Program created within Marketing Activities. 

In this new programs schedule view, you can create a basic event tag it as what ever you chose and it will roll up to your global calendar where all your scheduled emails/events will be. 
Timothy_Gilbert
Level 2
Timothy M-

Just curious what Channel you designated your "Marketing Calendar" program?  I liked your idea, but when I created a Default Program with a Channel of Operational, because I didn't want it to show up in reporting, I do not see the option to change the Program View to Schedule.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tim,

I personally don't do this as we use other marketing applications outside of Marketo, but I would denote the channel to Operational. 

When you create a program, underneath the "New" button you can see "View Summary". Click that and you should see a drop down with "Schedule". This is all done on the actual program itself where you can change its name. 

Sorry for no screenshot.
Timothy_Gilbert
Level 2
@ Aj-

Can you confirm that the "Schedule" view should be available for Default Programs tagged with the channel Operational or tagged with Analytics Behavior: Operational?  I'm not experiencing this, it seems like that view option goes away.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Tim G. This is a default program with channel operational. 

0EM50000000SLVv.jpg
Timothy_Gilbert
Level 2
Thanks for the screen shot.  Here's what I'm seeing though, just so you don't think I'm crazy... maybe a bug?

0EM50000000SLW5.jpg