Account Scoring

Account Scoring

Another thing that was mentioned during the conference - in addition to a Certification Test was Account Scoring.  It is so much better for B2B companies to understand the 'intelligent scoring' of an entire Company rather than individuals within it.

When will Account Scoring be avaialble.  The CEO mentioned May, but that is long gone. How about December? 🙂

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't agree more. We are increasingly finding that having additional touch points within a company significantly reduces our sales team's sales cycle. I would assume that the more activity an account has would likewise indicate they are closer to making a purcahse decision. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, I just had to find out from Marketo Support that they don't currently support account scoring. Doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult.

We actually have a couple use cases for it, one of which is scoring the quality of effort related to sales outreach. Things like logging emails, opening opportunities, and bringing in new bookings would increment the "quality of effort" score, which our sales management staff could use to track which reps are putting forth the proper effort and potentially reassign accounts which aren't being worked.

PLEASE, Marketo, would love to see this soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Duplicate with

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are multiple challenges to come up with an effective account engagement score, its not just about calculating account score based on the lead scores. Biggest challenge is to have single representation of an account in Marketo, as account data can vary e.g. IBM = International Business Machine or Google = Alphabet = Nest etc. and come from various sources.

There is a good news though, that Marketo 2016 Roadmap includes 'Account Based Marketing' which includes account score as the primary focus.  There is no specific timelines set on the release yet.

It would be great if you can share more ideas on Account scoring or ABM in general as a topic. Please reach out to me directly at 'mjeswani@marketo.com' and I will share more details on this topic.

MJ

Product Management

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mahesh Jeswani (MJ),

I'll write you directly.

A couple of thoughts, already :

• Account scoring cannot be only a sum of lead scores. averages are important as well, otherwise, small accounts with less contacts will always have small scores. If we push the reasoning further, we could imagine that the total score should be divided by the "size" of the account, size being measure by revenue, number of employee, or just the number of leads/contacts in the database.
  • As you pointed above, Account identification is an essential issue. This should not be thought about without taking into account (sorry for this ) how the CRMs link leads to account. By default, SFDC does not, while MS Dynamics enables to link a lead to an account. Account Identification cannot be done without the capacity to bring in a huge database of accounts, such as the one provided by RTP, that should be strengthened in term of data richness. I recently logged in an idea on this recently :

-Greg

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

With an architecture based on triggers or manual batches this is not feasible, Marketo should take a new approach here and use AI to achieve it

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas