SOLVED

Re: Include "x most recent" ideas and discussions on the home page

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Include "x most recent" ideas and discussions on the home page

Hey community leaders (Liz Courter​, Scott K. Wilder​) - I really love the new community platform.  But one of the things I noticed is that IDEAS don't get the visibility they once had and therefore don't get the votes needed that the product team is looking for.  They seem to be an afterthought now.  On the old community, both ideas and discussions were included on the homepage of the community.  Now, you either have to click within each area to view the respective types of posts. Obviously most people gravitate to the Discussions area.

Instead, I would love to see the "x" most recent IDEAS and DISCUSSIONS prominently displayed on the community homepage.  Just some feedback to further improve the already great Marketo community site.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan Stevens

Thank you for the feedback! Ideas is prominently located on the homepage, for that exact reason. We know the look, feel and experience are dramatically different but we knew our customers would log in and look for what they used to see. Maybe you are suggesting a different format though? I think a lot of users don't really look at the homepage, as I've had a lot of questions about where to find product docs, support, and they are also located on the homepage.

Ideas.jpg
I totally understand, because it's new it's hard to focus on one thing.

Let me know if you are looking for something else...and keep the feedback coming.

Liz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan Stevens

Thank you for the feedback! Ideas is prominently located on the homepage, for that exact reason. We know the look, feel and experience are dramatically different but we knew our customers would log in and look for what they used to see. Maybe you are suggesting a different format though? I think a lot of users don't really look at the homepage, as I've had a lot of questions about where to find product docs, support, and they are also located on the homepage.

Ideas.jpg
I totally understand, because it's new it's hard to focus on one thing.

Let me know if you are looking for something else...and keep the feedback coming.

Liz

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for the reply Liz!  I guess what I'm looking for is perhaps the 5 most recent discussions and 5 most recent ideas to also appear on the homepage.  I know that I, personally, was more engaged with some of the ideation that took place in the old community - even though my main intention was to engage in the discussion area.  And that was because, ideas was included in the main feed on the homepage.  While I don't recommend combining the two types of content into a single feed, I think it would provide some additional visibility into both areas if there was some "teaser" content - relating to both - on the main homepage that you included above.  Again, this is just my own opinion and thought I'd share this with you for possible consideration as a way to continuously improve the community. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying. I'll discuss with Scott K. Wilder​ and we'll see if we can somehow accommodate. The homepage is meant to be more of a directive page to get you to the important places, but maybe we can switch up the content on the bottom. This would mean eliminating the blogs, which I"m not sure we'll do. I"ll keep you posted!

Dan_Stevens_

Definitely don't want to see the blogs going away.  In fact, I would have never even noticed them - specifically the "whisperer" blog had I not seen them on the homepage.