SOLVED

Does Marketo store data for any specific timeframe like 90days or is it longer?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Marketo store data for any specific timeframe like 90days or is it longer?

How long does Marketo store a behavioral data data for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Marketo store data for any specific timeframe like 90days or is it longer?

Hi There,

That's an excellent question that primarily depends on what type of activity you're referring to.

Marketo will automatically clean-up data for inactive anonymous leads and some activity log entries after 90 days. It does this to ensure the performance of your Marketo instance stays speedy as you gain more and more data. Anonymous leads with no web activity after 90 days after automatically removed - these leads generally are unlikely to return to your site with the same cookie. Marketo also automatically archives activity that isn't as useful following the 90 day period that would show up in the activity log, including change score, change data value, visited webpage, clicked link on webpage, and synced lead to SFDC.

I would take a look at this article (Understand How Marketo Archives Inactive Anonymous Leads) for a more detailed explanation.

If you're worried about losing this type of behavioral data I would recommend exploring interesting moments to highlight key activities in your CRM/Marketo or sending over certain types of activities to your CRM for historical recording.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Marketo store data for any specific timeframe like 90days or is it longer?

Hi There,

That's an excellent question that primarily depends on what type of activity you're referring to.

Marketo will automatically clean-up data for inactive anonymous leads and some activity log entries after 90 days. It does this to ensure the performance of your Marketo instance stays speedy as you gain more and more data. Anonymous leads with no web activity after 90 days after automatically removed - these leads generally are unlikely to return to your site with the same cookie. Marketo also automatically archives activity that isn't as useful following the 90 day period that would show up in the activity log, including change score, change data value, visited webpage, clicked link on webpage, and synced lead to SFDC.

I would take a look at this article (Understand How Marketo Archives Inactive Anonymous Leads) for a more detailed explanation.

If you're worried about losing this type of behavioral data I would recommend exploring interesting moments to highlight key activities in your CRM/Marketo or sending over certain types of activities to your CRM for historical recording.

Does that help?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi there,

This one does not belong to "Community Help", but to "Products and Support" discussions.

-Greg