Wrong leads syncing to Marketo from SalesForce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong leads syncing to Marketo from SalesForce

Hi,

Up until a week ago, only a certain subset of all the leads contained in SalesForce would be accepted into my Marketo instance (I assume based on what Record Types my SalesForce Marketo Sync User has access to?). It appears no changes have been made to the Marketo Sync User account. I know my Marketo accepts whatever SalesForce sends over. How do I keep SalesForce from sending over other Record Types?

Some background: I share a SalesForce instance with 2 sister companies. One sister company uses Pardot, and the other does not have marketing automation. Just recently, whenever an update is made to either company’s leads, it is now being synced to Marketo. I was told a recent change was to make all SF leads “Public” instead of “Private.”

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Michelle

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Wrong leads syncing to Marketo from SalesForce

Hi Michelle,

If you expect an answer, you should not post product related questions to the Champions group. See Getting the most of the community when you have a Marketo question

The simplest way it to set up a sync filter. See:

Restricting Leads from Syncing to SFDC With Sync Filters

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

-Greg  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wrong leads syncing to Marketo from SalesForce

Thanks, Gregoire.

It was frustrating being forced to choose a place to post, without any indication on which place was best. Thanks for the additional links.