Re: Showing a confirmation screen after filling out a form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing a confirmation screen after filling out a form

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was any way to have a confirmation screen appear after a visitor fills out a form, that also shows what the person input.

For example, after filling out a form the following screen appears:

---------------------

E-mail: 123@abc.com

Name: Adam Smith

Position: Marketing Executive

Click here to confirm the above and submit.

----------------------

Any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Do you mean "screen" as in "page," or "screen" as in "modal dialog"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your response.

I should have been more clear, I mean page. If that's not possible and a dialog box could appear to achieve the same thing that could also be an option.

Luis

SanfordWhiteman

If you had a separate page, you'd be losing the ability to track the conversions on the initial LP.  I think a modal dialog is more appropriate.

This recipe is actually relatively complex because you need to map the form values back to the display names: presumably, you do not want to show them

My_Custom_Field__c: Value

If you send me a link to the actual form this will better help me fit the solution to your field types, because writing a one-size-fits-all for this is going to be time-consuming.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

We are currently in the planning stage of the process and discovering what is and isn't possible using Marketo, so unfortunately I have no form to link you to. For the record, we are based in Japan and having a confirmation page appear after filling out a form is standard practice over here, hence the request.

For now, I'll suggest to my team that it is possible but difficult to implement, and if the decision to go with it is made I may have to come back here with more details.

Thanks for your help Sanford, it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Luis

SanfordWhiteman

OK. It's hardly difficult but you have to know how to use the Forms 2.0 JavaScript API, which I've used in depth for quite a while now.

SanfordWhiteman

For the record, we are based in Japan and having a confirmation page appear after filling out a form is standard practice over here, hence the request.

Interesting!  Didn't know that.  I just went to the first result that came up for "web form inurl:co.jp" (Contact Us - KONAMI)​ and sure enough, there it is!