SOLVED

Re: Sales insight vs. SFDC Activity History (how to separate?)

Go to solution
Alexis_Falco
Level 2

Sales insight vs. SFDC Activity History (how to separate?)

Hi,

My sales team is getting bogged down by the amount of Marketo activity that is occurring within the Salesforce account and contact activity history. We use Sales Insight too - does anyone know how i can make the activity just show up in Sales Insight and not to the Activity History? Or if that's too specific, does anyone know how I can separate the activity so they can see their own personal activity without Marketos?

Thank you!

Alexis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

Hi Alexis, we had the same issue as well.  Specifically we want the Activity History in SFDC to only show the activity of the Sales team, for example you might want to run reports based on last activity date which would become unclear if it was actually a marketing activity.

In Admin > Salesforce you can edit the sync options to decide which activities are pushed to SFDC, we only select Sales email sent so as to filter out all the other activity.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

Hi Alexis, we had the same issue as well.  Specifically we want the Activity History in SFDC to only show the activity of the Sales team, for example you might want to run reports based on last activity date which would become unclear if it was actually a marketing activity.

In Admin > Salesforce you can edit the sync options to decide which activities are pushed to SFDC, we only select Sales email sent so as to filter out all the other activity.

pastedImage_0.png

Alexis_Falco
Level 2

Thank you - that did the trick!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Please move the question to Products​. Champion Program​ if for questions about the program itself.

Posting activities from Marketo is simply put a bad idea. I will clutter your SFDC instance, it duplicates information that you should post  through Interesting moments in MSI or through SFDC campaign memberships and it makes it impossible for sales use tasks.

-Greg

Alexis_Falco
Level 2

Completely agree, there's was too much noise getting into salesforce. Mark's solution fixed it. Thank you