SOLVED

Populating members to an Engagement Nurturing Campaign

Go to solution
Tatiana_Santiag
Level 1

Populating members to an Engagement Nurturing Campaign

HI, I am setting up an engagement program and I would like to understand if the members will only be acquired by the moment I set up the flows on the programs and when someone download a content, they will enroll the flow.

Or if is there any other way to set up a nurturing campaign with “old” leads? How could I populate a list to the Engagement program?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Populating members to an Engagement Nurturing Campaign

Hi Tatiana,

You should not post your questions in there, you are less likely to get an answer... See Getting the most of the community when you have a Marketo question

No lead will be pushed to your engagement program automatically. You need to run an "add to engagement program" flow step in a smart campaign for this to happen.

So, in your EP, you will have to run some campaigns that, on regular basis, look into Marketo for all leads that meet you conditions and add them to the program. You can do this with some triggers, but this is unnecessary strain on Marketo performance. A daily batch is better, IMHO.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tatiana,

You should not post your questions in there, you are less likely to get an answer... See Getting the most of the community when you have a Marketo question

No lead will be pushed to your engagement program automatically. You need to run an "add to engagement program" flow step in a smart campaign for this to happen.

So, in your EP, you will have to run some campaigns that, on regular basis, look into Marketo for all leads that meet you conditions and add them to the program. You can do this with some triggers, but this is unnecessary strain on Marketo performance. A daily batch is better, IMHO.

-Greg

Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

interesting, Gregoire. Can you expound a bit on why you think a daily batch is better?

... I ask because we use triggers quite shamelessly to add people to the right stream based on industry

Do you think Orion will help alleviate this strain?

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Joe,

In fact, one does not really need to add leads to engagement program streams in real time, since the cast are sent weekly most of the time. So a daily batch or even a weekly batch that runs a few hours before the cast is good enough. And it is easy saving on your instance workload.

Furthermore, a batch would enable sophisticated filtered smart lists that a trigger would not necessarily allow.

-Greg

Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

as usual, an excellent point. Never really thought about it from that point of view! I'm kind of addicted to making Marketo run as fast as possible at this point...

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, yes, Orion will make it easier for your instance to cope with the multiple triggers, yet it's always better not using triggers when you do not have to.

-Greg