Re: MSI - License vs no License

Anonymous
Not applicable

MSI - License vs no License

We have +200 sales reps with access to SFDC.  We are starting off with only 50 Marketo Sales Insight licenses.  In the sandbox environment there doesn't seem to be a difference, everyone can see MSI.    Will MSI be 100% blocked from sales in production without a license?  If it's not 100% blocked, what is the difference/capabilities between having a license and not having a license?

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

There is no proactive license control for MSI. Each time one of your sales will display the MSI widgets, they will be recorded as a user. Marketo will count the number of users in the past 30 days and this should not go over your 50.

the way to control it is through page layout access. You need to create different page layouts for accounts, contacts, leads and opportunities. For each of these objects, you will need page layouts with and without MSI components. then, you will have to create 2 profiles (one with MSI, one without) for each population that may need to use MSI. Finally, you will have to assign page layouts to profiles, only for the 50 people who will need to access MSI.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

But if there are no consequences to going over, what is the point of paying for more than a single license if everyone can see the information?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

There are consequences of going Over: Marketo will charge you

So you will have to create distinct SFDC page layouts and profiles then assign these SFDC "MSI-Enabled" profiles to no more than 200 people.

-Greg

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

What I'm struggling with is whether or not I need to purchase MSI licenses at all... Trying to figure out what I can do without the licenses vs. with the licenses...