Campaign sync details from Marketo to SFDC

Selventhiran_Ra
Level 2

Campaign sync details from Marketo to SFDC

Hi Team, 

We are doing a pilot test on store all the leads in Marketo and pass only qualified one to SFDC. I am facing a challenge on how to store the campaign details in Marketo and when lead sync to Marketo, it has to be added to all the campaigns that leads came across and map to the correct member status. 

It would be great if any help/guidance on this. Thanks

Selventhiran R
3 REPLIES 3
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Re: Campaign sync details from Marketo to SFDC

That's not possible in Marketo at the moment. I created this idea long ago, you can vote for the same:

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

BTW, I would suggest to sync all the leads in SFDC and assign to a lead queue, which you can call "Marketing Queue". Hide these leads from the SDRs and re-aasign to appropriate SDR, when they become MQL.

This w should solve your isssue with the campaign membership as well as leads will be assigned to SDRs only when they are MQL.

Sounds good?

Andy_Caron3
Level 4 - Champion

Generally (without the additional complexity of when and how you are syncing), best practice would be to use the SFDC Campaign Sync available from the Summary View in your Program to create an SFDC Campaign. Click where it says "not set" and Create New. If you have Campaign Types than match your Marketo Channels these will align AND you will see the exact statuses for the program channel on your SFDC Campaign. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.27.27 AM.png

Note* You can always break the sync after creation and control manually via a smart campaign following creation. However, the program level sync uses 1 API call to sync up to 200 leads at a time, whereas the smart campaign sync is 1-1.

Andy Caron