SOLVED

Re: Assigning an email alert and task to multiple people

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assigning an email alert and task to multiple people

We use Salesforce.com and Marketo.  Our Leads, Accounts, & Contacts are owned by sales people.  We also have a team of Sales Development Reps (SDRs) that pre-qualify campaign responses on behalf of their assigned sales people.  When someone responds to a marketing campaign, I'd like to notify both the sales person and the SDR via an email alert and a task.  The sales person is easy since they are the "Lead Owner", but I can't figure out how to also notify the SDR.  Any ideas?  We have approx 200 sales people and 10 SDRs.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of shameless self promotion, but I wrote up a blog post about this very topic. Give it a read if you feel so inclined Building a Scalable Alert System in Marketo | Jeff Shearer

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brian!

If you don't have the SDR populated as a field value somewhere, I'd get that set up first. Custom field or what have you. Then just use the token for the SDR owner value in the send "to other emails" area.

Kimi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kimi!  Great suggestion -- I will give it a shot.

Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4

Hi Brian-

I second Kimi's reply - we had a similar situation - however, make sure that you put a field in to hold the value of the email address of the lookup of the "secondary" owner to be able to use the Other email functionality.

Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of shameless self promotion, but I wrote up a blog post about this very topic. Give it a read if you feel so inclined Building a Scalable Alert System in Marketo | Jeff Shearer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent blog post, @Jeff Shearer!  Very helpful.  Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NIce JEff.

Just thinking through the same logic and seeing how i can apply it tasks ( doable! ).  Then go further applying a similar structure to listen to route service tasks and cases to relevant service teams.

K.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I build out segmentations and send to the segmentation as well. If you build out the field for this, the segmentation is easy to implement. If not, it requires a bit more tinkering within your instance. This will also help you in the chance that you want to send emails from the SDR or implement signatures using dynamic content.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian, as other have mention. This is not something Marketo handles by default because the data is not readily accessible. I've seen this problem numerous times and have sometimes gotten around it with leveraging "Account Owner." Doesn't sound like that will work in your case.

Suggest going Kimi Heskett route of populating the SDR data somewhere and/or using Jeff Shearer​ 's fancy token system.