How to sync entire Journey of lead from Hubspot to Marketo

How to sync entire Journey of lead from Hubspot to Marketo

In Hubspot, We have a entire Journey of Lead like the form which he filled, emails, opens, click, etc. How can that be migrated to Marketo.

I have Marketo integerated with Salesforce but entire journey is not captured in Salesforce and few details are captured in a fields.

Can i see my existing Jorney of lead in Marketo on record page?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 5

Re: How to sync entire Journey of lead from Hubspot to Marketo

Hello again Lakhan,

I see you are encountering the complexities of migrating your MAP to a new provider. When it comes to migrating information about a lead's activities, there's a few things you can do. First of all, you need to ensure your Salesforce sync is set up (see our previous thread), so anything you do further is registered againgst the correct person record. Of course, Hubspot activities cannot be incorporated in the regular Market activities log. But depending on what you want to use the information for you can:

• Set up a custom activity where you can upload your activities details for each person.
  • For important legacy programs, set up the same program in Marketo and update program membership with each person's matching program status.

As both Sanford and I tried to make clear to you in the previous thread these are processes where it is important to get it right from the start. I do realize I am starting to sound like a broken record, but please ensure you have someone with proper knowledge of the process and its intricacies to guide you through the migration process.

Hello Katja,

At this stage, I am the one who is looking for all this stuff, so somehow i have to figure the all things. I know these are very basics questions which I am posting to understand more about the product. But no worries, I will handle it

"

• Set up a custom activity where you can upload your activities details for each person.

"

In this, I need to upload acivities for each person? and do i need to create custom object? Can't i use standard 

"

• For important legacy programs, set up the same program in Marketo and update program membership with each person's matching program status.

"

May i know little more on this?

P.S- I could do import/export of activities from SF to Marketo,  but I am more interested on the activities which signify the journey of record, like the details available on Hubspot record page.

By the way,

SFDC Sync: Activity Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

we can sync activities from SF-Marketo, do I get any option of syncing past activities on associated records, likewise you explained in  a previous thread for lead,con, acc, opp? I am referring above link

Thanks Much 😄

Level 5

The activity sync is from Marketo to Salesforce, not the other way around so that will not help you with your challenge. In addition, I hope it makes sense to you that you cannot expect Marketo to read activities generated by Hubspot, as the format of activities will be different, assets and programs referenced will not be present in Marketo and Identifiers will be all different. That is why I suggested creating a custom activity. The main question however is what you want to do with all this information.

Usually, your want to know that a lead has gone through a specific campaign and what their end status in that campaign was. That is why I suggested to create some "legacy" programs in Marketo to match your important Hubspot campaigns and add the matching people (after your SFDC sync) to these programs, setting their status to what it needs to be. More about program membership and program statuses in Marketo you can find here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+Program+Membership

As mentioned, the key question is what do you want to do with the information. From the answer, you can figure out what the best way to make it available is in Marketo.