Re: Who Among You Are Using Account Hierarchies?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who Among You Are Using Account Hierarchies?

Account Hierarchies allow you to create parent-child relationships between accounts; usually in your CRM system.  I am considering enhancing our ABM product to support these hierarchies, and I'd like to learn more from you about how you and your teams use hierarchies in practice.

6 REPLIES 6
Michele_Zappull
Level 1

Hi Doug.  We currently use parent-child relationships in SFDC for our accounts.  Since many named accounts or target accounts are global, they have regional coverage with deals typically tied to a specific region, line of business or subsidiary.  This structure in SFDC provides the link for more holistic, rolled up view.

We would be very excited about that ability/functionality being part of the ABM product as right now the only way to do this is basically creating an account list to roll them up.  Which is manual and extra work.

Would would also be fab would be to have ABM recognize leads in the account from the CRM (SFDC in our case).  ABM reads the contacts but not the leads.  Traditionally leads have not been associated with an account, but we were able to make this connection so we can see leads and contacts connected to the account in SFDC...  Right now we have to manually reconcile this in ABM in order for them to be pulled into the ABM product view for that account.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Super excited for the Chrome plug in!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Michele,

Thank you for this feedback.  Can I setup some time with you to dig a little deeper into the scenarios you highlight?  If so, please contact me directly at dmarshall@marketo.com.

Regards,
Doug

John_Muehling
Level 2

Hey Doug,

We actually have a client that is on Marketo ABM who is moving towards the use of account hierarchies, so having true support for these inside the product.

You and I spoke about this client at Summit. Basically, they are using hierarchies in a standard way, identifying the over-arching org as the "Parent" and subsidiaries or LOBs as "Child" accounts.

Happy to speak further to this, if you like. john@digitalpi.com.

Thanks!

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you John. I will reach out to you shortly.

Doug

Anonymous
Not applicable

John,

Do you have any time this Friday that we could just sit and chat over the phone? I’d like to look a bit beyond how they are organizing their hierarchies and talk about the value they hope to get from going through the exercise.

I am pretty open Friday. If you have any availability, give me a couple times and I’ll do my best to accommodate.

Regards,

Doug

925-588-1535 (Cell)

John_Muehling
Level 2

Hi Doug,

Yes, I have time Friday (anytime between 9-11am or 12-3pm). Let me know what works.  I also have a response started for our convo last Friday, but needed to check a few things before I finished it.  So, hopefully that will help drive/frame more of our convo on Friday.

John