Re: ABM: Marketing to Customers Who Recently Leave to A New Role

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

ABM: Marketing to Customers Who Recently Leave to A New Role

Hi all,

I have a question related to an ABM project I'm looking to undertake at my company.

The goal and strategy: Reach out to existing contacts who have just moved on to a new role at new company. The idea is for sales to reach out with a congratulatory note / steps for success in their new role / etc.

The issue: The flow of data to achieve said messaging.

In thinking through how this would work I initially thought about using LinkedIn Sales Nav, manually following all of our customers as leads (a manual, exhaustive process), then once I receive a job change alert, I'd find their new email address using a tool like hunter.io and have sales reach out.

In doing more research it seems like the Marketo Tout App Linkedin Sales Navigator integration could streamline this process somewhat.

I'm curious if anyone else is taking a similar approach to reaching out to people who have recently moved to new jobs, and if so, what platforms are they using to automate this flow.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ABM: Marketing to Customers Who Recently Leave to A New Role

I have also started doing this along with some others on my team.  We set up trigger alerts to come in from DiscoverOrg.  I put in filters based on:

- HQ location

- Promotional change

- Leaving an organization (this is another good one to track because you can cross check where they are now on LinkedIn to see if they are at a target account of yours.

When I get an alert that aligns to my targets, we send them a little congrats care package of branded items and then we send them a congratulatory email.  Usually the new email address is in DiscoverOrg, but if not then the sales rep will send via LinkedIn.

Hope this helps and I am looking forward to hearing other people's experiences.