We are running into an issue where we are seeing duplicate lead records being created. Specifically, this is what we are seeing on our end:
1. A lead is created in Marketo (via form fillout, list import, etc.)
2. The lead is then added to a various programs in Marketo, e.g. nurture programs.
3. These programs are set up to sync directly with a Salesforce campaign.
4. A couple of days after the were created and first entered Marketo, we see a dupe record created.
5. Upon inspecting the Activity Log of the dupe record, we see that it was created in Salesforce.
See attached screenshots.
Any ideas on why this is happening? Is it actually related at all to SFDC campaigns or is there something else we are missing?