Has anyone found a good way to archive emails sent via Sales Insight? We have a requirement to archive all communications sent by reps for financial regulatory reasons (Mass emails from marketing are semi exempt from this process so we'll ignore for this post).
- Use Case: Reps want to send templated emails to individuals and small groups of clients via Salesforce using Sales Insight.
- Compliance Mechanism: Through its own email systems, the institution currently archives any personally sent email by reps via Outlook in a tamper-proof and reportable archiving solution.
- Isn't the Marketo tracking enough? Marketo is great at logging the email and showing the email's contents within a lead record. However, it is not tamperproof. We regularly cleanse the DB of old data. As that data gets deleted, so doesn't the email.
- Possible Solution: What we'd love is for Marketo to BCC a special compliance email address Inbox for any emails sent via Sales Insight. That would automatically record all Sales Insight emails in the email archive system. We'd differentiate each email by using an email tokin somewhere at the bottom of the content. According to Marketo Support, Marketo can BCC an address but it's a global setting (Meaning EVERY email sent via Marketo would need to get archived).
- Other Ideas. Someone mentioned making sure to include the archive email record as part of any email campaign sent a Sales Insight. And then run a report of who received that email to cross reference the email in the archived email address. That's a manual process we'd like to avoid.
- Any other ideas? Tricks with email system?
- Any other solutions like ToutApp solve this issue?