The U.S. Green Building Council is currently seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join its fast-paced digital marketing team as an Email Marketing Specialist. The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing USGBC’s e-communications strategies. Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and team, this individual will be responsible for producing, testing and scheduling promotional, triggered and operational email campaigns intended to increase engagement and conversion. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Work with various stakeholders to plan and implement various email marketing programs for acquisition and conversion
- Develop and maintain an email marketing calendar
- Maintain a consistent look, feel and voice throughout all email campaigns
- Copy edit and proofread all email content
- Design list segmentation and testing strategy to maximize effectiveness of communications
- Recommend, develop and implement nurture campaigns and other automated emails such as a welcome series or behavioral triggers campaign that deliver timely and relevant messages
- Grow email marketable leads organically, and work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of email sends
- Track and report on all email metrics
- Ensure legal compliance (CAN-SPAM) of email marketing programs
- Keep current with emerging web technologies and explore new developments in the digital landscape to find ways to more effectively deliver communication and business objectives
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience developing and executing e-communications strategies, including the use of responsive design, dynamic content and email personalization
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with marketing automation tools (Marketo)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Commitment to USGBC mission
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.