It was a great conference. For those who missed it, here are a few of the general takeaways from the conference that will help you in your day-to-day campaigns:
- In the last 12 months, Mobile Users have increased to be consistently above 50% of the readers of your emails. Do you know how your emails look on the variety of mobile devices? If not, you should!
- Emojis in emails and subject lines – ReturnPath confirms that emojis do NOT hurt deliverability. Do they help increase your open rates? It depends on your audience and your product. If it doesn’t fit your brand, don’t do it. And regardless, don’t do it all the time.
- Email pre-header – what you often see on your mobile device is the subject line and “To view this email online…” – you can edit that header so that mobile users see valuable text that can encourage them to open your email.
- Emails should have at least 500 characters.
- Don’t use bit.ly links in your emails, they don’t help your deliverability.
Overall, it was a good opportunity to spend a day really thinking about email and exploring some of the latest and greatest tactics and talking about where the email channel is headed in the future.