In case you missed Mike Underell's presentation on Multi-Touch Revenue Attribution at the latest VANMUG event, here's a quick recap of what was covered.
What is multi-touch attribution?
Simply put, it’s a system to attribute revenue to multiple sources that helped contribute to a conversion (aka: sale).
Why is it important?
- It takes all touchpoints into account.
- It shows which touchpoints show up in deals more often than others.
- It credits revenue/pipeline to all sources that contribute to touchpoints.
3 key learnings from Mike's experience building out multi-touch models:
- Know your business to properly determine the scope of the project as well as key stakeholders.
- Determine what success looks like (think as big as you can).
- Tag everything (in a smart, scalable way).
Want more? Check out the full deck here: VANMUG - Multi-Touch Attribution - Google Slides.
...and don't forget to come to the next Vancouver User Group meeting! (tentatively in August)
Misha & Amanda