To all the Salt Lake City User Group members who attended and participated in our first meeting to kick off the 2019 year - Thank you!
We had a great turnout and participation with a few new faces. We were privileged to hear from Elliott Lowe from RingLead presenting and discussing and providing tips and tricks on how to improve your database quality.
We learned that the "unicorn" and "rainbows" that we dreamed of using marketing automation most times turn into a donkey quickly if we don't proactively stay on top of maintaining key processes and organization with the platform. We specifically discussed that data quality is one of the key elements to be actively updated in an ongoing manner. Elliott provided 10 key points to help us evaluate and maintain quality and clean data:
- No email address
- Invalid email address
- Negative email verification
- No longer at company (and move to new company)
- Multiple Spam bounces: set count & reset - marketing suspend - email invalid
- Behavior scoring that has negative values
- No web page visits
- Merge duplicates
Elliott also recommended that it may help to have an outside consultant/agency come in and conduct an comprehensive audit. In addition, RingLead provides solutions to help organizations manage and maintain the quality of their existing customer and prospect data (https://www.ringlead.com)
We wrapped up the meeting on the launch of the MCE Prep study group next week (Friday, 2/8). Here's your opportunity to gain the knowledge and confidence to take and pass the MCE test. The training and insights will be provided from several of our current and experienced members. The goal is to get everyone ready and prepped in time to take the test by the upcoming Marketo Summit in March. The study group will meet virtually and a couple of times in person over the next several weeks. Even if you don't want to take the MCE test, join and participate to learn more - don't miss out!
The dates and schedule of topics covered:
• February 8th: Program Fundamentals
• February 15th: Targeting and Personalization
• February 22nd: Analytics and Reporting
• February 27th: MUG Meeting in person and review with the group, 3:30 PM at WGU Campus
• March 8th: Lead Management
• March 15th: Implementation and Operations
• March 18 -22: Final Review meeting/discussion (virtual or in person)
Time: Noon - 1:00 pm for the meetings on Fridays
Where: At your desk! (virtual)
If you would like to participate, we need everyone interested to sign up and take a short survey, so we can coordinate the logistics and have some idea on the mix of the group.
The meeting also had some housekeeping items, specifically around the upcoming Adobe/Marketo Summit. So if you are attending, check out the housekeeping slides attached and these key points:
- Register for the Summit today!
- Use Promo Code: S19MN for $700 off the Summit registration
- Adobe Summit MUG Contest: Top MUG gets an exclusive party worth $2000! Let's get everyone signed up to go.
- Revvie Awards: Now open for submissions through Fri, February 22nd! https://engage.marketo.com/revvie-awards.html
You can find the Housekeeping slides/deck here for reference as well.
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, Feb 27th, Interactive Content and User Experience, plus the MCE study group review, with our sponsor Ceros, located at WGU and the same conference room.
Cheers and have a successful month! Hope to have many join us in the study group and at our meeting next month!
Trent & Andrew
Salt Lake City Marketo User Group Co-Leaders