Position: Marketing Automation Specialist (Marketo)
Employment Status: Salary / Exempt
Location: Orinda, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Summary: Marketo Rockstar for 3D software & technology company in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position is responsible for the developing, creating, and executing Marketo marketing campaigns for new customer acquisition and retention. Must be an advanced Marketo user who can create, execute and manage marketing campaigns, create workflows and manage nurture programs, segment and maintain database hygiene programs, and reporting. Advanced skill sets required in Marketo, CSS Adobe, video editing and graphics. Strong team leadership skills, proactive communications, organization and attention to detail are fundamental to the success of this position. This is a full-time onsite position in the East Bay, San Francisco Bay Area.
- Marketo Campaign management for customer engagement for new customer acquisition and retention. Create, design, implement end-to-end marketing campaigns by industry, solutions, target audience.
- Own marketing automation implementation process from start-to-end (which includes collaboration with other team members to achieve desired results); audience/segmentation, campaign assets definition, campaign design, lead hand-off to sales process, and post-campaign reporting
- Create marketing campaigns in Marketo, including content, graphics, video
- Create designs and marketing collateral leveraging CSS Adobe tools. Graphics in CSS Photoshop, video editing in Wistia
- Manage all Marketo campaigns including promotions, nurture flows, industry segmentation
- Integrate Marketo forms and assets with website, based in Wordpress
- Leverage social media platforms with Marketo tools
- Leverage Marketo software to optimize reporting for funnel metrics, including contacts, suspects, MQLs, SQLs, Opportunities, Wins.
- Proactively manage the database with best practices for data hygiene, opt outs, preference lists, segmentation for nurture programs
- Advanced knowledge of industry sic codes for segmentation, nurture programs
- Develop and execute on all Marketo Marketing Campaigns to drive new customer acquisition, customer retention and upsell, cross sell opportunities.
- Design and execute scalable campaigns that drive brand awareness and nurture leads
- Plan and implement “trigger-based” nurturing programs in Marketo that target all stages of the lead pipeline
- Manage database by customer and prospects and segment by industry, role, and territory
- Proactively manage the health of the database thru whitelisting programs, regular hygiene programs and best practices for data deliverability
- Track campaign performance & lead generation by segment
- Build, manage, and maintain reports within Marketo to track ROI and success metrics for marketing automation campaigns
- Provide data analysis and works closely with sales and marketing to provide closed loop reporting on campaign effectiveness to measure pipeline movement and to identify areas in the lead pipeline requiring additional marketing support
- Increase inbound leads
- Build testing frameworks (A/B testing, deliverability and utm tracking) to optimize click-through and conversion rates across all digital media campaign portfolio
- Manage one-off email blasts (and campaigns) for channel events, product launches, newsletters, etc.
- Proactively suggest improvements for lead management processes, such as lead hand-off to sales, scoring, segmentation, data quality, and list hygiene
- Produce reporting for all Marketo campaigns on a weekly basis, and roll up into monthly and quarterly reporting, by product, open rates and conversions.
- Manage the demand generation calendar, proactively planning for all webinars, events and tradeshows. Allow 4 weeks’ notice for all events as general guidance. Send confirmation and follow up emails for events, webinars.
- Monitor the interface between Marketo and the CRM (NetSuite) to ensure data is syncing correctly and look for ways to optimize and improve the transfer of information.
- Advanced Marketo Marketing Automation experience, certifications
- CSS – Adobe Creative Suite for graphic creation, edits, video creation and edits
- CRM experience with either NetSuite or Salesforce (NetSuite preferred)
- Social Media experience with LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- HTML basic functions
- Marketo integration with GoToWebinar, Wistia, Survey Monkey, Wordpress and social media platforms
- Proficiency using all social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years corporate/company-wide experience in marketing
- 3+ years of experience working with Marketo
- 3+ years with marketing campaign design & execution
- Exceptional project management & communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products