Email Marketing Specialist Overview:
As a key member of our digital strategy team, the Email Marketing Specialist will work closely with internal teams and client stakeholders to implement, manage, analyze and optimize email marketing campaigns for our clients.
To be successful in this position, they must be technologically savvy and intellectually curious with a demonstrated ability to comfortably navigate email marketing automation software (Marketo required). This individual will also partner with the strategy and account teams to lead the development and delivery of campaign reporting to ensure email marketing programs are driving results for our clients.
We invite candidates to apply who feel comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven B2B agency environment. Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Email Marketing Specialist will work directly and collaboratively with the strategy team, project managers, content strategists, creatives and account managers.
This is a contract position, with potential to become a permanent full-time position.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications + Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA or BS in Analytics, Data Science, Advertising, Marketing, Business, Computer Science or related field
- Advanced training and/or certification in Marketo (and other email marketing software) a major plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of email marketing experience (Marketo required)
- Working knowledge of common MS Office and Google reporting tools and technologies
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other common digital analytics platforms
- Highly skilled at building and managing email marketing campaigns within Marketo (required) and other email marketing software
- Able to navigate Marketo and other common B2B email marketing software to perform tasks such as reporting on email/campaign performance, coding emails, coding campaign landing pages, adjusting campaign templates, reviewing SmartList sizes, and/or activating campaigns.
- Skilled at collecting, analyzing and interpreting email marketing data to uncover insights that optimize campaign performance and buyer experience
- Strong understanding of email marketing strategy, execution, and best practices
- Strong analytical and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to visualize data in reporting formats, both static (ppt, excel, charts) as well as digital formats (dashboards)
- Experience in email database management including: list management, cleansing, de-duplication, data validation, custom report creation, and import/export of data a plus
- Experience managing the definition, development, deliveryemail marketing strategies a major plus
- Self-motivated yet collaborative worker with ability to work independently and confidently within common email marketing software (Marketo required) with minimal supervision; as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams including creative, strategy and account to execute email marketing deliverables for our clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Interest and experience in B2B, manufacturing, or industrial safety a plus
- Previous agency experience a major plus
SCHERMER is a growing, dynamic, integrated B2B marketing agency located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Named one of Minnesota Business Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” in 2017 and 2018, Chief Marketers “Top B2B Shops”, and ANA’s “Agency of the Year”, SCHERMER is a wonderful place to grow your career, work with some of the brightest marketers in the area, and support some high-caliber clients to build buyer driven brands.
We seek people who want to use their talent and time for the benefit of our team, our clients and our collective services. We believe B2B can, and should be, creative and innovative, as well as smart and strategic. And our culture and team reflects it. Join us in our quest to become the best B2B marketing agency in the nation. Learn more about our work and our team at www.schermer.co