List uploads is usually critical to account management. Without proper preparation, critical components of lead activity and information can be affected!
When preparing a list for upload, the following steps should be taken in order to ensure that existing lead information within the system is not altered, and lead statuses are not affected:
- Create an email address only list in a CSV file – This will allow the upload of leads without updating any errant fields
- If there are additional fields that require updating:
- Create a view within Marketo to include any fields that will be updated
- Exclude any leads that show data within these fields until further review and approval
- Alert your Marketo Admin / team (and potentially the SFDC teams) to review and approve the leads in question
- Once approved, upload ONLY those fields appended to the email list