Note: Please ensure that you have access to an experienced Web developer. Marketo Technical Support is not set up to assist with troubleshooting code.
Marketo Form Proxy enables forms to be submitted to Marketo while removing any tracking information. The most common example where this can be used is a customer referral landing page.
For an example (available at this writing), see www.marketo.com/referral.
- Download this project, if you haven't already, here: https://github.com/Marketo/Form-Proxy/downloads.
- Edit the variables in mkto_proxy_config.template.php as necessary.
- Rename mkto_proxy_config.template.php to mkto_proxy_config.php.
- Drop the entire directory onto your website (or subdomain), e.g. http://YOUR-COMPANY.COM/post-proxy/ orhttp://post-proxy.YOUR-COMPANY.COM/.
- Visit the directory you just created. If it redirects to the default URL you set in mkto_proxy_config.php, it works. Otherwise, you must've skipped a step.
Now, on each landing page:
- Copy the text from Custom-HEAD.html.txt into the Custom HEAD HTML field in Marketo Design Studio (click Landing Page Actions, then Edit Page Meta Tags).
- Update that code. Replace http://YOUR-COMPANY.COM/post-proxy/ with the URL to the directory you created in the 3rd server installation step.
- Save your landing page and test thoroughly.
This script is open sourced under a modified BSD license (more on that below). It does not require you to send contributions, but if you have any you'd like to share, please submit a PULL request through GitHub.
Copyright (c) 2012 Marketo, Inc. - www.marketo.com
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of Marketo, Inc. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.