Your CSV exports with special characters (like foreign languages) may look funny when you open them in Excel. This is due to a known problem in Excel; it does not correctly handle those characters if you open the CSV directly.
First, try these instructions to export your CSV file in Excel 2007 format:
If that export is formatted incorrectly, try the following:
- Create a new Excel spreadsheet
- Open the Import External Data feature:
- in Excel 2003 or earlier. open the Data menu, pick Import External Data, then pick Import Data
- in Excel 2007, open the Data tab and pick From Text
- Pick the file you want to import. The data import wizard will open
- In the dialog, select Delimited, then under File Origin pick "Unicode (UTF-8)" then click Next
- Select Comma and uncheck the other options. Click Next.
- Click Finish
- Follow the remaining steps and place the imported data in your spreadsheet
Your data should now look correct.