A Two-Step Enablement
- When you’re first enabled for Email Insights, you’ll have four weeks of historical Email data in addition to all new email activity
- We’ll give you a four-week period before we automatically upload your data
- We recommend that you use this time to become familiar with Email Insights and set up custom dimensions
- Note: Only Admin users can set up, view and edit custom dimensions
- Email Insights documentation (at docs.marketo.com) will be published on June 3rd
- After four weeks, Marketo will load up to 25 months of historical Email data into Email Insights, leveraging all custom dimensions you've set up
Important: Email Insights supports Custom Dimensions [that require manual configuration], such as an Industry Segmentation or Program Tag for your product line. You can set them up at any time, however Custom Dimensions are not retroactive, and are applied only to new email activity.
Therefore, we highly recommend that an Admin user sets up these custom dimensions during this initial four-week period, so that they will be applied to all of your historical data when it's loaded at launch completion.