What a great week at this year’s Marketo Summit in Las Vegas.
100+ marketing sessions, 6,000+ marketers, and a whole bunch of parties made this event one to remember. Here are some of my top takeaways.
1) New Marketo Summit Venue: Vegas
After years of being hosted in San Francisco, Marketo switched gears and brought 6,000 marketers to sin city at the MGM Grand. Vegas is like nowhere else, meaning attendees had plenty of post event choices.
The MGM itself is BIG meaning there is a ton of walking. Some people never left the premises as the MGM has everything you need in one place.
2) Hot Technology and Marketo Trends
Here are a few trends I saw that you might want to keep an eye on for the next year.
- Orion is More than a Constellation – With so many new data points across various channels, Marketo needs to get faster to support the “Internet of Things.” Orion is the code word for Marketo’s multi-year initiative to make the system up to 100X faster.
Marketo reports that in 2015, there were 20 billion emails sent and 500 billion activities logged.
- Account-Based Marketing – Finding ways to take the discussions beyond the lead, account-based marketing is hot. It seemed like account-based marketing made its way into almost every session and exhibitor marketing message. Marketo even announced some new account-based marketing features coming soon.
- Analytics and Predictive Modeling – Marketers are getting smarter and the requirements around insights are getting greater. Many attendees were trying to gain new ways to improve attribution insights and create predictive models to help their business.
- Engaging Content – White papers are so 2014. Companies are getting more creative with interactive content and video. Along this concept, Marketo announced some new predictive content capabilities to help marketers deliver more relevant content.
To view the rest of the takeaways, click here.